Sunday 11 May 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day and welcome to all of those who have washed up here after reading my story in The Post Magazine about Daisy Breaux, W. Clark Noble and their crazy plans to build a memorial to America's mothers. It didn't go quite according to plan.

I've been spending the last year in Oxford and today actually finds me in Berlin, typing on a friend's computer. That's how I'm able to type things like this: ü. And this: ß. Not to mention this: Ö.

I'll be chatting about the Mother's Memorial online tomorrow, when I should be back in my tiny Oxford house. I'll hope you'll join me. Until then, please feel free to poke around my blog, where I recount some of the experiences of living in England.

Ohh, and let's not forget mother. Give her a ring, won't you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A link to the aforesaid article.

John, you need to visit Scandinavia next. Great keyboards there too. Also, go far enough north and you get midnight sun.

Anonymous said...

John,

(second try). Your article on the Mothers Day Statue really was timely,what with the appropriate criticism of the "Soviet Reaism" model of the statue for MLK that was rejected for the Mall by the fine arts commission. Yeesh! Can you imagine a hulking passive aggressive Martin!

Anonymous said...

Had to tell you what a hoot your story on Calhoun & Noble was. And those model sketches! Thank you.