Tuesday 6 November 2007

Welcome, Raw Fisher Readers


Thanks to Washington Post columnist (and blogger) Marc Fisher for sticking a link to my blog on his today. If you're joining us for the first time, you may feel a little jetlagged and curious about where exactly to begin your exploration of Voxford, the blog I've been writing for the last month or so about living in Oxford. Here are some suggestions:

Here's a posting about Oxford University's formal dinners. If your tastes are more modest, here's my exploration of Britain's love of baked beans. Speaking of modest (and British), nothing is more modest (and British) than the tea towel. Here's a link to a video I did about the Great British Cheese Festival. And here's one to a video I did about that great English tradition, the jumble sale.

Or you may prefer to just wander around Voxford, which is what I like doing in Oxford. In any event, welcome.

4 comments:

towwas said...

Oh hey! I checked this blog a number of times when you first told us about it, but never actually saw anything about England, so I gave up. Glad to see you've picked it up now!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Just remember, I was your first fan.

John Kelly said...

Of course I will, SC. You were around when I was just chatting to myself, like a crazy man muttering in the park. Now we can all be crazy together!

Anonymous said...

Have you been talking to yourself? I assumed there were oodles of silent, non-commenting readers (like me; I hardly ever comment). Do you track reader stats?