Thursday 18 October 2007

Jumble Sales R Us

Colin the bass player had read my blog entry about how My Lovely Wife lugged home a free hand-cranked sewing machine, just the oddest in a series of artifacts she has started accumulating.

"What you want to try is a jumble sale," said Colin.

"A jumble sale?" said I. "What's that?"

Last Saturday I went to the village hall in Wolvercote, just north of Oxford, to find out. Click on the video link to join me.



As it happened, I didn't see Colin there. He said he'd heard the Wolvercote jumble sale would not be up to its "usual standard" so didn't bother going. Colin's a difficult man to please. Me, I can't wait till the next one.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

I clicked on the video (yes, because I have nothing better to do), and was told that it was no longer available. Did one of the major studios buy it already?

Is a jumble sale the same as what we call rummage sales here? Or more like a flea market? Inquiring minds want to know.